About the SRB Foundation
The Sister Rebecca Berghoff Foundation (SRB) was established in October 1989, by a group of volunteers who recognized the importance of Catholic education and the excellent job that St. Joseph/Marquette has done and continues to do in the Yakima Valley. This group of volunteers wanted to ensure a solid financial base so that future generations of Yakima families would have the opportunities to choose a Catholic school for their children.
The Sister Rebecca Berghoff Foundation is a private non-for-profit (501) (C) (3) organization, (tax id # 91-1466527) with the sole focus is the continuance of St. Joseph/Marquette Catholic School. The Sister Rebecca Berghoff Foundation (SRB) provides financial and personnel support to St. Joseph/Marquette.
The Foundation benefits the school by:
- Providing a monthly subsidy of over $30,000 to the school for operating costs.
- Funding a part time staff person to assist in Admissions, Recruitment and Public Relations for the school.
- Updating alumnae mailing lists and developing an Alumni Program.
- Producing an Annual Report that includes information on both the school and the Foundation.
- Producing The Legend, an alumnae newsletter that is sent quarterly to graduates of St. Joseph Academy and Marquette High School.
- Working with the Parent Board and the School Board to coordinate efforts in fundraising and other school activities.