About the SRB Foundation
The Sister Rebecca Berghoff Foundation (SRB) was established in October 1989, by a group of volunteers who recognized the importance of Catholic education and the excellent job that St. Joseph/Marquette has done and continues to do in the Yakima Valley. This group of volunteers wanted to ensure a solid financial base so that future generations of Yakima families would have the opportunities to choose a Catholic school for their children.
The Sister Rebecca Berghoff Foundation is a private non-for-profit (501)
(C) (3) organization, (tax id # 91-1466527) with the sole focus is the
continuance of St. Joseph/Marquette Catholic School. The Sister Rebecca
Berghoff Foundation (SRB) provides financial and personnel support to
The Foundation benefits the school by:
- Providing a $230,000 annual subsidy to St. Joseph/Marquette for operating expenses to help with tuition costs for all families.
- Provides additional Tuition Assistance support for families in need.
- Supports the Parent Club in its fundraising events.
- Produces & Publishes the Legend newsletter quarterly to keep alumni up to dare with what’s happening at St. Joseph/Marquette.
- Produces & Publishes the combined Sister Rebecca Berghoff Foundation St. Joseph/Marquette Annual Report.
- Produces and publishes the School Calendar.
- Works interactively with the School Commission and Parent Board to stay current with school projects and needs.